Last Updated: March 18, 2021
About the Site
The Site gathers several types of information from and about users of the Site, including medication information, geographic location and user preferences. Among other things, this allows the Site to:
- Choose among optional plans and subscribe to assist you with managing your diabetes through, as applicable and available, certain products and supplies and ancillary support services.
Categories of Information We Collect
The information we collect from or about you allows us to deliver services and helps us personalize and improve your experience on the Site. If you wish to use the services we offer through our Site, you will need to create an account. In order to create an account you will be required to provide us with certain personal information, such as your name, email address, and telephone number. If you wish to subscribe to the diabetic program, you will also need to provide payment information, health information (such as allergy information), your date of birth and your mailing address. Depending on how you use the Site, we may collect the following categories of information directly from you:
- Contact information when you create an account or request customer service, such as your first name, last name, e-mail address, and phone number.
- Information about your purchases through the diabetic program.
- Geographic location information from you or your device, including your geolocation data, zip code, region, city, street address, time zone, latitude and longitude information. Please note that we will not access precise geo-location information from your device, unless you grant the Site permission to do so.
- Account information, including your username and password and payment information and health information (such as allergy information).
- User preferences.
- Technical data and related information, such as information about your device, system and application software, peripherals and other data related to your interactions with the Site.
- Metadata and other information associated with or stored on your device.
We may also collect information directly from you outside of the Site if you provide it to us, for example, if you send Customer Service a request or email.
When you use the Site, we automatically collect some categories of information from you, such as information about your use of the Site (e.g., features used, content viewed, dates and times of interactions) and technical data about your device, such as operating system, model, device identifier, and IP address.
We may also automatically collect certain technical information relating to you, which your web browser automatically sends whenever you visit a website on the Internet, or which is collected when you use a mobile application (see “Cookies” below for more information). For example, we use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”) to collect information relating to your use of the Site. Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your device, to help us analyze how you use our Site. You can find out more about how Google uses data by visiting “How Google uses information from sites or apps that use our services”, located at https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites.
How We Use the Information We Collect
Information we collect about you may be used for the following purposes:
- Operating the Site, including to provide you the Service features.
- To provide you the information and services you request when you use the Site.
- To customize your experience when you use the Site, for example to provide you with interactive or personalized elements or provide you with content based on your interests, requests, and location.
- Improve the Site and other Company products or services, including by developing new products and services, perform quality control activities, and conduct data analytics.
- Provide account management and customer service, and engaging in system maintenance.
- Deliver marketing communications, such as promotional materials or advertisements that might be of interest to you, either directly to you or through third party apps or websites.
- Communicate service-related or required notices about the Site to you, which may include communications by email or by text messages (i.e., SMS) at the mobile device number you provide us.
- Perform data analytics, including to compile, synthesize, generate and analyze anonymous usage and other aggregated statistics and information.
- Monitor your use of the Member ID or other information we provide to you.
When permitted by applicable law, we may also:
- Combine the information you provide us, or that we collect from third parties, with other information maintained by us, and use that combined information for any of the above purposes.
- De-identify your information by removing information typically used to identify you (such as your name, phone number, email address, and Member ID) and use that de-identified information for any purpose permitted by law.
How We Share Information We Collect
Your information may be disclosed to the following third parties:
- Health care providers and/or coaches, device and product distributors, and other partners who help us provide the services available through the Site to you.
- Business partners, who may deliver marketing communications, promotional markets, advertisements, or other information that may be of interest to you. You will be given the option to opt out of marketing messages.
- If required to do so by law or if we have a good faith belief that disclosure is necessary to (1) comply with the law or with legal process served on us; (2) protect and defend our rights or property; or (3) to protect someone's safety.
- Advisors, potential transactional partners, or other third parties related to the consideration, negotiation, or completion of a corporate change of control resulting from, for example, a sale to, or merger with another entity. If all or substantially all our assets or stock is acquired by a third party, whether by merger, acquisition, reorganization or otherwise, we may transfer our user database, including personally identifiable information contained in it, to the third party.
We and our service providers may share reports on user demographics and traffic patterns that do not identify you, as well as other information that does not identify you with third parties.
Myabetes App-Specific, Data Collected and How That Data Is Used
Data Linked to Your Identity
How the Data May Be Used
Data Not Linked to Your Identity
How the Data is Used
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information, which is any information that identifies you or could reasonably be linked to you. For example, passwords are required to access your account and help to protect your account information. Please keep this password confidential. We also use encryption technology, called Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), to help protect personal information in certain areas of our Site during transport across the Internet. The presence of SSL encryption may be indicated by https in the browser URL or the image of a closed lock or solid key in the browser window. These indications may not be present in mobile services that use SSL. For payment card information, we use secured networks, encryption or other protection of cardholder data, physical and technical access controls, monitoring and tests of security systems, and other information security practices to help to protect your payment information.
Unfortunately, there is always some risk that an unauthorized third party may find a way around our security measures. We cannot guarantee that the Internet or any other technical system will be 100% secure or error-free. We are not responsible for the security of information you transmit over networks that we do not control, including the Internet and wireless networks. It is your responsibility to protect the security of your account login information. Please note that e-mails and other communications you send to us are not encrypted, and by communicating with us by email you accept the risk that any personal information contained in the email may be intercepted or accessed by unauthorized parties.
If we make an option available for you to create a user account, you may access and modify certain information (e.g., your contact information) by logging into your account and accessing the settings section of the Site.
You may also opt out of receiving marketing emails by using the unsubscribe information available in any marketing email, or by emailing us at email@example.com. To the extent that you use the Site, there are certain messages you may not opt out of receiving, such as non-promotional email messages about programs or services you have registered for or certain administrative, technical, or safety notices about the Site or our products or services.
Information About Minors
The Site is intended for adults only and are not directed to, nor do we knowingly collect information from, individuals under the age of 18. If you become aware that your child or any individual under your care who is under the age of 18 has provided us with information without your consent, please contact us at the contact information listed below.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you live in California and register for an account with us, California law allows you to request information about how and to whom we disclose certain categories of your personally identifiable information for their direct marketing purposes, once per calendar year. Please see more information at the California Privacy Rights document linked at myabetes.com. You can make requests to us via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org; the form available at the “Help” tab on Myabetes.com; or by calling toll-free at 1-877-391-9296.
Links to Other Websites
Cookies and Similar Tools
Storing Your Personal Information
We will retain your personal information in accordance with our record retention policies and as permitted by applicable law unless you instruct us to remove it by contact us at email@example.com. We will also retain your personal information as necessary to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. You can update the personal information you have provided to us at any time by logging into your account and accessing the account section or by writing to the program administrator at MedImpact Healthcare Systems, Inc. Attn: Privacy Team/Regulatory Compliance, 10181 Scripps Gateway Ct., San Diego, CA 92131
Changes and Updates
MedImpact Healthcare Systems, Inc.
Attn: Privacy Team/Regulatory Compliance
10181 Scripps Gateway Ct.
San Diego, CA 92131